America’s Favorite Ice Cream Flavors
There is perhaps no debate more common than what flavor of ice cream is the best. While all taste is subjective, the analogy of “chocolate and vanilla” has been used many times when comparing two opposing topics. Today, we consult the hungry masses to discover what the favorite flavors are among the people.
This might not come as a surprise to anyone, but Vanilla is the favorite flavor of America. It’s tasty and pairs well with a variety of foods. After all, it’s the cornerstone of the wonderful dish known as a hot fudge sundae.
It’s only natural that chocolate comes close to timing with vanilla as America’s favorite cold delight. While chocolate doesn’t pair with the variety of dishes that vanilla does, chocolate is known for its versatility and variety of flavors. Besides, who doesn’t enjoy the award-winning combination of chocolate and peanut butter?
Cookies & Cream
Here’s a delightful combination for those of you who have a sweet tooth. Cookies and cream are one of the most popular flavors, as it takes the foundation of vanilla and builds upon it with crunchy cookies. The most common of these is none other than Oreos, but some have attested to the potency of peanut butter cups.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Another popular choice that utilizes vanilla as its foundation, this one is a favorite of many. You might have fond memories of being a child and delighting in the taste of raw cookie dough while your mother was in the process of baking up some sweets. With chunks of raw dough paired with vanilla, this is a taste that will take you back every time.
It’s no surprise that Neapolitan ice cream is as popular as it is. For those of us who have trouble deciding on just one flavor to enjoy, With chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla all in one, you can focus your attention on other pressing matters.
A regional favorite in the southern United States, buttered pecan pairs the sweet and crunchy together for a truly decadent taste. The saltiness of the pecans greatly accentuates the flavor of the ice cream and pairs exceptionally well with gummy worms.
Jake’s Ice Cream on Siesta Key
No matter what time of year it is or what flavor you enjoy most, there’s never a bad time to dig into some tasty ice cream. At Jake’s Ice Cream on Siesta Key, we offer the best flavors that are unbelievable in their tastiness. For a menu and directions, hop on over to jakesicecreamonsiestakey.com.
Grab an Ice Cream Sundae from Jakes Ice Cream on Siesta Key
You may love ice cream sundaes, but do you know the story behind this delicious dessert? Continue on to learn the sweet history of the ice cream sundae.
A traditional ice cream sundae is made with vanilla ice cream and topped with syrup, whipped cream, and a cherry. This simple and sweet dessert is a staple at many ice cream shops. Some ice cream parlors add variations to their sundaes, including using more than one ice cream flavor or topping the dessert with sprinkles.
You know what a sundae is, but you may not know where the treat got its name. This name actually comes from Blue Laws. Blue Laws are laws that prevent the sale of alcohol on Sundays. These laws were put into action in the 1800s and actually at one point included the sale of soda. This means that individuals could not order ice cream floats on Sundays. In order to continue to promote the sale of ice cream on Sundays, ice cream shops replaced the soda in floats with chocolate sauce. Just like that, the sundae was born.
Order yourself a sundae from Jake's Ice Cream on Siesta Key this Sunday, or any of our delicious ice cream flavors or any other day of the week! For more questions on our sweet establishment contact us at (941) 554 - 4632.
Enjoying the Best Plant-Based Ice Cream in Sarasota
It’s almost impossible to find someone who doesn’t enjoy ice cream from time to time. For years, the dessert item has been thought of as something to partake in after dinner and not considered as something one can indulge in to help maintain their quality of life. That is, until now. Plant-based ice cream takes the guilt out of the equation and provides a healthy alternative.
Cruelty-Free & Tasty
Here’s the thing—for years, ice cream has been made with animal products such as milk, heavy cream, and eggs. And while experts harvest these, they can also be collected from situations that put the product ahead of the animal’s welfare. These ingredients also tend to have high sucrose and cholesterol levels that aren’t beneficial for your health. At Jakes Ice Cream our plant-based ice cream is made from pea protein and coconut cream base.
A Low-Calorie Alternative
Many plant-based foods have fewer calories than their counterparts made from animal products and meat. For millions of Americans, consuming fewer calories is a major part of their daily lives. Plant-based ice cream contains fewer calories than those made from milk and heavy cream, meaning you’ll be able to dig in without any of the guilt.
Lactose-Free for a Better Life
The human body produces an enzyme known as lactase. This breaks down lactose-based products during the process of digestion. However, up to 30 million Americans have difficulty producing this enzyme in adequate numbers. This leads to a condition known as lactose intolerance. In fact, millions of Americans have this condition without knowing it. Abstaining from lactose will allow you to live a better life and aid in better digestive health.
Less Harm to Animals
While you might not think about them on a regular basis, animals play a key role in helping maintain the environment. By partaking in plant-based alternatives, you put less strain on them and help diminish the number of materials that get harvested from them on an annual basis.
Jake’s Ice Cream - The Very Best in Sarasota
Like you, we call Sarasota home. We love our community, and we love the ice cream that we make. We want nothing more than to share the beautiful creations we take pride in with you and yours. For all of our flavors, ordering information, and a lot more, scoop over to jakesicecreamonsiestakey.com.
How to Throw The Most Epic Ice Cream Party
There are a bunch of ways to throw an epic ice cream party, and we have a few suggestions for our wonderful patrons around Siesta Key and Sarasota. Ice cream is that delectable treat that makes any shindig or get-together better. This goes for birthday parties, corporate events, office parties, wedding receptions, and almost anything else you can imagine.
Ideas for the Most Epic Ice Cream Party
- Throw a party where you “guess the ice cream flavor.”
- It’s not always easy to identify the ice cream flavor when you have a couple dozen variations (like we do with our menu). While you don’t have to get all of them for a single party, it’s fun to play a game where someone closes their eyes while tasting and guessing the flavor.
- Serve ice cream at your business’ employee recognition ceremony.
- Ice cream isn’t just for children’s parties. Are you a manager or supervisor trying to plan a year-end party or recognition ceremony? It’s hard to find treats or food that everyone enjoys, but ice cream is one of those things that never fails . . . even for corporate events. If you’re worried about folks who suffer from gluten intolerance, you can ask us about gluten-free ice cream. We also have plenty of nut-free products for those with allergy concerns.
- Build an Ice Cream Sundae Bar.
- Ice cream sundaes are a lot of fun and they allow you to get creative. You could take some of Jake’s Ice Cream and mix it with other tasty items like bananas, berries, chocolate fudge, caramel, cookies, and several other complementary foods. While ice cream is excellent enough on its own, you’re free to enhance it even further to your heart’s content.
- Bring ice cream to work for a quick office party.
- Do you and your friends at work want to throw a small office party? Well, if you do, then don’t forget to satiate everyone’s sweet tooth with ice cream. It’s super easy to get some from us on Siesta Key and take it back for a lunchtime party with your colleagues.
As we said, this is just the tip of the iceberg (or the tip of the ice cream!) for throwing an epic ice cream party.
Don’t forget that you have tons of hand-crafted flavors and options when you hire Jake’s Ice Cream for custom orders for your party. We enjoy helping at parties and major celebrations. Contact us anytime to learn more about our sweet shop on the beach at 941-554-4632.
Ice cream--it's something that everyone enjoys, especially on a hot summer's day. And even though we're currently in fall with winter gradually approaching, there are still plenty of reasons to enjoy a bowl in the comfort of your own home. Perhaps you've wondered where this tasty treat came from. Perhaps your curiosity has loomed about the subject, but it's never been satisfied, unlike your appetitive. Fear not, curiosity seekers, today, we'll be taking a look at the history of ice cream and its rise to prominence.
While the exact origin of ice cream has been lost to the annals of history, there are variations of the dessert that can be found throughout the ages. In Ancient Rome, Emperor Nero was known for sending expeditions into the mountains to retrieve snow that was flavored with fruits and juices. (It makes one wonder if he had it while Rome burned.) Before that, Alexander the Great enjoyed ice mixed with honey and nectar. The credit for Ice cream is often bestowed on Marco Polo, who returned from Asia with a recipe that closely resembles what we now know as sherbet. Later, in the 1700s, a desert known as "creamed ice" was regularly found at the dining table of Charles I of England.
Coming to America
If 1776 is known as the year in which America declared its independence from Great Britain, 1777 can be remembered as the year in which the dessert became known to the American continent. Advertisements began appearing that claimed the dessert was now available "almost every day." When George Washington assumed the office of the presidency, it was reported that $200 was spent on the dessert.
While the treat could be found in the newly formed United States, it was an exotic dish reserved for the upper classes. This changed during the 1800s when technological innovations allowed for ice cream to be produced in mass quantities for a country with a developing sweet tooth. Since that time, ice cream went on to become produced in a wide variety of flavors and served at corner stores and grocery shops. And now, the dessert can be manufactured from tofu and other dairy-free compounds to be served among those who choose to abstain from dairy.
Scoop, cone, or sundae, there’s never a bad moment to enjoy!
Jake’s Ice Cream
Whether the weather is hot, cold, or somewhere in the middle, Jake’s Ice Cream always serves up the most decadent offerings for those of us who call Sarasota and the surrounding areas home. For a menu and more information about us, scoop yourself on over to jakesicecreamonsiestakey.com.
10 Best Occasions to Buy Ice Cream
Ice cream makes many of our special commemorations and events that much better. It certainly makes them sweeter. We’ve identified 10 terrific occasions where you’ll appreciate a little ice cream.
10 Best Occasions to Buy Ice Cream
- Special Occasions - Birthdays, Weddings, Anniversaries
- We almost can’t imagine how folks celebrated birthdays before the invention of ice cream. At any rate, ice cream and cake are the two mainstays for these wonderful occasions. We enjoy making custom orders to facilitate greater joy at weddings, graduation parties, work promotion parties, or any other celebratory event.
- Romantic Dates
- Ice cream is a simple yet delightful way to do a first date (or any subsequent ones). So, don’t hesitate to take your wife or girlfriend out for a couple of scoops of Toasted Coconut, Orange Dream, or Kahlua Krunch.
- With Friends, Following a Break-Up
- Sometimes we have to contend with other emotions as well, including the sorrow of a breakup. You don’t have to “eat your feelings” per se, but it’s nice to unwind after any stressful event by relaxing with a nice bowl of ice cream.
- Evening Dessert
- That delicious supper just isn’t complete without a nice dessert. You’re always invited to stroll down to Jake’s Ice Cream in the evening after you finished dinner, and want to satiate your sweet tooth.
- Dietary Cheat Days
- Is today your “cheat day” on your Keto diet? If you’re going to break a fast or any other dietary guidelines, then go hard and enjoy it to the fullest.
- When You’re Ailing
- Are you sore from a strenuous workout? Perhaps you could use a treat after 13 straight days of work. Ice cream is a wonderful way to “chill” after intense labor.
- To Satisfy Pregnancy Cravings
- Pending doctor’s orders, you can use ice cream to alleviate pregnancy cravings. While you’re at it, don’t forget to share some with your husband and neighbors.
- While Enjoying a Movie
- Nothing beats curling up to a great movie with a bowl of ice cream. If movies aren’t your thing, this also works after a heavy meal when you’re sitting down to watch a Buccs or Rays game on TV.
- The Hottest Days of the Year
- It certainly gets warm around Siesta Keys and Sarasota. When it’s hot outside, you should do two things: get a large container of water (for hydration) and a waffle cone to cool you down a bit.
- Randomly Any Time
- The best time for ice cream is . . . any time you want!
We know you hardly need an excuse to grab an ice cream bowl or cone from Jake’s Ice Cream on Siesta Keys. Our hand-crafted ice cream is suitable for just about any occasion. If you’d like to learn about our lavish list of flavors, call anytime at 941-554-4632.
Ice Cream Cone vs Ice Cream in a Cup: Which Team are You on?
Unless you decide to consume ice cream directly from the machine, you’ll probably enjoy it in one of two fashions: in a cup or on a cone. Those are the two traditional ways to have the best cold treat ever made, each with its own advantages.
Here are some points in favor of eating ice cream in either a cup or cone.
Ice Cream Cones
Many of our patrons at Jake’s Ice Cream enjoy our hand-crafted waffle cones for a variety of reasons.
- You have little or no trash because you get to devour the container right along with the ice cream.
- There’s no need for a spoon.
- It’s easy to carry around with you when you walk around the beach in Siesta Key. Just be mindful of how fast ice cream melts and don’t let it get all over your clothes.
- Ice cream cones look cooler in commemorative photos. So, if you want to show off your vacation and ice cream experience on Instagram, we think the ice cream cone appearance has more appeal.
- As the ice cream melts, the cone itself becomes tastier. It’s like the converse of dipping a cookie or cracker into warm coffee for additional flavor.
Ice Cream Cups
This involves consuming ice cream from a cup, bowl, or any other inedible container. It has the following advantages:
- It’s usually the cleaner way to eat ice cream. This is extra true if you’re a parent and you don’t want to worry about children making a mess with melting cones.
- You usually have an easier time getting more toppings into a cup rather than on a cone.
- Would you like to only eat half of the ice cream? Then it’s easier to put it away for later if it’s in a cup or bowl.
- We offer several ice cream varieties like Salty Turtle and Chocolate Peanut Butter, which are gluten-free, provided you don’t get them in a cone.
Jake’s Ice Cream makes the best ice cream, either by cone or cup, in the Sarasota area. Our menu has several unique flavors that appeal to adults and children alike. We can think of no better treat after a long day of strolling around the warm coastal community. Contact us with questions or concerns at 941-554-4632.
Treat Your Fur Baby to a Pup Cup!
Many pet owners only want the very best for their fur babies. While the hot temperatures commonly associated with summer are slowly dying out, there’s never a bad time to take a trip to your local ice cream parlor to indulge in some goodness. And what better way to make the trip more rewarding than bringing your fur baby for some special bonding? At Jake’s Ice Cream, it’s the perfect time to treat your favorite four-legged friend to the greatness of the pup cup!
What is a Pup Cup?
A pup cup is how many coffee shops and ice cream parlors treat the animals their patrons like to bring. No one’s quite sure where the trend originated from, but Starbucks is often associated with the franchise that brought the concept to the masses. The pup cup normally consists of a 4 oz. cup of whipped cream, peanut butter, and various dog treats that canines just can’t get enough of. Many of these items aren’t listed on the menu, but most baristas and ice cream artisans are more than happy to oblige if you request a “puppuccino.”
Are Pup Cups Safe for Dogs?
Similar to the concerns of most parents with the food their offspring consume, many pet owners might be curious about the effects that pup cups have on their dog's diet. According to Dr. Lindsey Bullen, a veterinary neutron expert, pet owners have nothing to worry about when it comes to their fur babies indulging in a pup cup. As a matter of fact, you can treat your pup every time you go out, and there will be no harmful after-effects.
That said, Dr.Bullen told the popular animal website, The Dodo that every animal is different, and some animals are more sensitive to lactose-based products than others. Like any other treat, you might give your dog, it's best to offer them in moderation. Dr. Bullen suggested that they be given on a monthly basis as a reward for good behavior and, at the most, given out on a weekly basis.
If you’re concerned about how a pup cup might have an effect on your canine because of its size, we advise consulting a veterinarian to get a professional opinion.
Pup Cups a Plenty at Jake’s Ice Cream
Ice cream shops have a very unique place in the community. In Sarasota, Jake’s Ice Cream is happy to serve the area we call home and would love to allow your fur baby to indulge with you on your next visit. For a menu, list of flavors, and more information on us, scoop yourself over to jakesicecreamonsiestakey.com.
Ice Cream Tastes Better on Hot Days
Have you ever noticed how much better ice cream tastes on a hot day in Siesta Keys? In some respects, this is pretty obvious since we enjoy contrasting hot with cold. Plus, it’s easy for the heavy heat to overwhelm you, and demand immediate relief. With all that in mind, let’s cover a few reasons ice cream is beneficial on a hot summer day.
Ice Cream Benefits for Hot Days in Siesta Keys
- Ice Cream is Nutrient Rich
- You probably know that the milk in ice cream is rich in calcium, something you may lack if you don’t consume much dairy. It also contains a decent volume of Vitamin D and Vitamin A. If you try our vanilla bean flavor, you’ll get an extra helping of potassium, too.
- It Can Boost Your Energy Levels
- If you’re touring the Florida beaches in the warm Summer months, then you’re bound to get tired after a while. We recommend trying a late afternoon serving of ice cream to help spur you through the rest of the day. Ice cream has plenty of glucose, which is one of the body’s primary energy sources.
- You’ll Enjoy Better Moods & Brain Activity
- It’s easy to see why ice cream puts you in a better mood. It may, however, surprise you to learn that it’s good for brain power as well. There’s been research that shows you can beat the heat and think better with ice cream rather than water alone.
- Ice Cream Can Help With Mouth Sores
- This is an old trick that folks may have forgotten. Ice cream is a great way to soothe painful mouth ulcers and sores. It’s even a great way to address a sore or hoarse throat if you've been speaking or singing a lot throughout the day.
- It’s Simply a Great Way to Enjoy Life in the Summer
- When all else fails, ice cream is a nice sweet treat that cools and refreshes you during the hot Summer or any other time of year. You hardly need much of an excuse to indulge an old-fashioned scoop of chocolate or strawberry ice cream.
Jake’s Ice Cream is happy to serve you the best hand-crafted ice cream anywhere along the beaches of Western Florida. If you haven’t done so already, check out our ice cream menu. We have a couple dozen flavors (not including custom options) such as Muddy Buddy, Cinnamon Bischoff, Salted Caramel Pecan, Kahlua Krunch, and Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip. You’re welcome to ask us anything about ice cream by contacting us at 941-554-4632.
Boozy Ice Cream is The Best in Sarasota
If you're looking for a tasty new treat while relaxing on the beach in Sarasota, then you’ll want to give Boozy Ice Cream a try. It’s a great dessert for all those over 21 who want something sweet with the extra kick of liquor. Booze and ice cream mix well and we’ll prove it at Jake’s Ice Cream.