Ice Cream Cone vs Ice Cream in a Cup: Which Team are You on?
Unless you decide to consume ice cream directly from the machine, you’ll probably enjoy it in one of two fashions: in a cup or on a cone. Those are the two traditional ways to have the best cold treat ever made, each with its own advantages.
Here are some points in favor of eating ice cream in either a cup or cone.
Ice Cream Cones
Many of our patrons at Jake’s Ice Cream enjoy our hand-crafted waffle cones for a variety of reasons.
- You have little or no trash because you get to devour the container right along with the ice cream.
- There’s no need for a spoon.
- It’s easy to carry around with you when you walk around the beach in Siesta Key. Just be mindful of how fast ice cream melts and don’t let it get all over your clothes.
- Ice cream cones look cooler in commemorative photos. So, if you want to show off your vacation and ice cream experience on Instagram, we think the ice cream cone appearance has more appeal.
- As the ice cream melts, the cone itself becomes tastier. It’s like the converse of dipping a cookie or cracker into warm coffee for additional flavor.
Ice Cream Cups
This involves consuming ice cream from a cup, bowl, or any other inedible container. It has the following advantages:
- It’s usually the cleaner way to eat ice cream. This is extra true if you’re a parent and you don’t want to worry about children making a mess with melting cones.
- You usually have an easier time getting more toppings into a cup rather than on a cone.
- Would you like to only eat half of the ice cream? Then it’s easier to put it away for later if it’s in a cup or bowl.
- We offer several ice cream varieties like Salty Turtle and Chocolate Peanut Butter, which are gluten-free, provided you don’t get them in a cone.
Jake’s Ice Cream makes the best ice cream, either by cone or cup, in the Sarasota area. Our menu has several unique flavors that appeal to adults and children alike. We can think of no better treat after a long day of strolling around the warm coastal community. Contact us with questions or concerns at 941-554-4632.
Ice Cream Tastes Better on Hot Days
Have you ever noticed how much better ice cream tastes on a hot day in Siesta Keys? In some respects, this is pretty obvious since we enjoy contrasting hot with cold. Plus, it’s easy for the heavy heat to overwhelm you, and demand immediate relief. With all that in mind, let’s cover a few reasons ice cream is beneficial on a hot summer day.
Ice Cream Benefits for Hot Days in Siesta Keys
- Ice Cream is Nutrient Rich
- You probably know that the milk in ice cream is rich in calcium, something you may lack if you don’t consume much dairy. It also contains a decent volume of Vitamin D and Vitamin A. If you try our vanilla bean flavor, you’ll get an extra helping of potassium, too.
- It Can Boost Your Energy Levels
- If you’re touring the Florida beaches in the warm Summer months, then you’re bound to get tired after a while. We recommend trying a late afternoon serving of ice cream to help spur you through the rest of the day. Ice cream has plenty of glucose, which is one of the body’s primary energy sources.
- You’ll Enjoy Better Moods & Brain Activity
- It’s easy to see why ice cream puts you in a better mood. It may, however, surprise you to learn that it’s good for brain power as well. There’s been research that shows you can beat the heat and think better with ice cream rather than water alone.
- Ice Cream Can Help With Mouth Sores
- This is an old trick that folks may have forgotten. Ice cream is a great way to soothe painful mouth ulcers and sores. It’s even a great way to address a sore or hoarse throat if you've been speaking or singing a lot throughout the day.
- It’s Simply a Great Way to Enjoy Life in the Summer
- When all else fails, ice cream is a nice sweet treat that cools and refreshes you during the hot Summer or any other time of year. You hardly need much of an excuse to indulge an old-fashioned scoop of chocolate or strawberry ice cream.
Jake’s Ice Cream is happy to serve you the best hand-crafted ice cream anywhere along the beaches of Western Florida. If you haven’t done so already, check out our ice cream menu. We have a couple dozen flavors (not including custom options) such as Muddy Buddy, Cinnamon Bischoff, Salted Caramel Pecan, Kahlua Krunch, and Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip. You’re welcome to ask us anything about ice cream by contacting us at 941-554-4632.
Customized Ice Cream Orders for Summer
You would be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t enjoy ice cream during the summer. For those of us who reside in Florida, we’re well aware of how unforgiving the summer sun can be when it comes out. This is why Jake's Ice Cream is upping the ante and providing our services to Floridians who need to cool down. We think of our customers as a particular group of people who deserve unique and special things. This is why we’re inviting you to take advantage of our custom ice cream orders. Because who doesn’t love Ice Cream? But if you need some more convincing, we invite you to read a few more reasons.
Welcome to The Best Ice Cream Shop on Siesta
Are you ready to try a couple of scoops of the best hand-crafted ice cream in the Siesta Key area? Then you’re in the right place at Jake’s Ice Cream.