Unless you decide to consume ice cream directly from the machine, you’ll probably enjoy it in one of two fashions: in a cup or on a cone. Those are the two traditional ways to have the best cold treat ever made, each with its own advantages.
Here are some points in favor of eating ice cream in either a cup or cone.
Ice Cream Cones
Many of our patrons at Jake’s Ice Cream enjoy our hand-crafted waffle cones for a variety of reasons.
- You have little or no trash because you get to devour the container right along with the ice cream.
- There’s no need for a spoon.
- It’s easy to carry around with you when you walk around the beach in Siesta Key. Just be mindful of how fast ice cream melts and don’t let it get all over your clothes.
- Ice cream cones look cooler in commemorative photos. So, if you want to show off your vacation and ice cream experience on Instagram, we think the ice cream cone appearance has more appeal.
- As the ice cream melts, the cone itself becomes tastier. It’s like the converse of dipping a cookie or cracker into warm coffee for additional flavor.
Ice Cream Cups
This involves consuming ice cream from a cup, bowl, or any other inedible container. It has the following advantages:
- It’s usually the cleaner way to eat ice cream. This is extra true if you’re a parent and you don’t want to worry about children making a mess with melting cones.
- You usually have an easier time getting more toppings into a cup rather than on a cone.
- Would you like to only eat half of the ice cream? Then it’s easier to put it away for later if it’s in a cup or bowl.
- We offer several ice cream varieties like Salty Turtle and Chocolate Peanut Butter, which are gluten-free, provided you don’t get them in a cone.
Jake’s Ice Cream makes the best ice cream, either by cone or cup, in the Sarasota area. Our menu has several unique flavors that appeal to adults and children alike. We can think of no better treat after a long day of strolling around the warm coastal community. Contact us with questions or concerns at 941-554-4632.