Are you new to Sarasota and want to learn more about this gorgeous treasure next to the Gulf of Mexico? Check this snippet of all Sarasota offers before you stop by our store for some ice cream.
Sarasota Museums and Performing Arts Exhibits
On top of all the tremendous outdoor scenery, the Sarasota community is home to several arts and cultural attractions.
- John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Just the exterior of this museum is quite a sight to behold and gives you a terrific feel for Floridian architecture. John Ringling is well known as one of the Ringling Bros who founded the iconic circus show. He and his wife, Mable, used some of their circus fortunes to establish an art museum with 56 rooms, over 300 paintings, and stunning rose gardens. Museum tours are open to the public for $25 per person and are well worth it for sophisticated art patrons.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- The Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall is a one-stop shop for all kinds of amazing entertainment, ranging from comedy shows and country music to ballet performances and theatrical shows. There’s something here for folks of all ages.
Sarasota Parks, Beaches, & Outdoor Options Galore
What are the best outdoor locations in Sarasota? It’s hard to condense this into a short list, but here are a few of the most awesome travel spots.
- Bayfront Park
- This is one of our favorite locations for a plethora of outdoor activities: biking, hiking, canoeing, camping, bird watching, and playing with your children. Don’t forget that we have an almost perfect sunset view from this area that faces the Gulf of Mexico to the west. It’s pet-friendly, free admission, and has a few nearby places to eat before heading over to Siesta Key for Jake’s Ice Cream.
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Have you ever been to a tropical conservatory? If not, then you must see the butterfly gardens, bamboo gardens, and rainforest gardens with so many beautiful orchids and bromeliads at the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.
- Beaches at Every Corner!
- Once you check out the various “keys” or barrier islands next to Sarasota, you’ll see why folks want to stay here. Lido Key is one of the most popular beaches in Florida, but we’re partial to . . .
Visit Siesta Key: Sarasota’s Best Beach & Home of Jake’s Ice Cream
Siesta Key is the best Sarasota-area beach, and home of Jake’s Ice Cream. There’s no shortage of pristine, sandy beachfront, and the Siesta Key Village is a tranquil place to enjoy lobster, oysters, and other fresh seafood.
After you relax on Crescent Beach or Turtle Beach, come visit us for some Kahlua Krunch ice cream. We have dozens of other flavors you’ll have to try at least once. You can find us on Midnight Pass Road across from Tropical Beach Resorts on Siesta Key.
We hope this entices you to visit and even stay in Sarasota for a while. The spectacular Florida weather, plenty of leisure activities, and so many friendly people are why we set up shop here. You can learn more about Sarasota and the best ice cream in town by calling Jake’s Ice Cream at 941-554-4632.